December 5 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm EST$25.00
Join us for this 90-minute workshop on recognizing and working through microaggressions. If you want to cause less harm in your interactions with People of the Global Majority (PGM), this workshop might be just the next right step in your anti-racism journey. This workshop will be led by Polly Talen ’77 from the WRJI team.
Through interactive learning we will:
- Define microaggressions and key related terms
- Create better awareness of a range of common microaggressions and their impact on PGM
- Interrupt and address microaggressions
- Probe factors that prevent us from talking about and addressing microaggressions
- Develop skills and tools we can use when the initiator or bystander of a microaggression
While all Wellesley alums are welcome, those who have participated in a WRJI “Conversations on Race” session and identify as having white privilege are most likely to benefit.
Advance registration is required. Please register by Wednesday, November 29.